Friday, October 23, 2009

Pachchaaak!!!

So some or most of you know that I have this thing for shoes right. Most or all of you also know that I fall. A Lot.

I fall down stairs, on hard wood flooring, on carpets, on the road, in restaurants, in theaters, on the badminton court, in class, in my new class... As you see, everywhere. Sometimes I trip over stones, I twist my ankle, I fall off my high heel shoes (when I manage to walk in them, I mean) and sometimes I can just be perfectly still for a while and then magically my feet will ache to fall, and then they'll ache some more.

You pretty much know what my shoe closet contains. Even when I travel, I carry all kinds of footwear. Mostly inappropriate. High heels when I have miles to walk and flat, open sandals when going into the Absolut Ice Bar. But they are all mostly pretty. Except for this one. This one ghastly clunker they call "work shoes". Hate it.



They fit weird. Bumping my toes and yet loose around the heels. The are heavy. They drag along the floor. But they are supposed to protect my feet if a knife or a huge twenty quart mixer falls on them. They have anti-skid soles that keep me from falling on my ass on the slick, oily kitchen floor in front of everyone. Ha! Keep me from falling on my ass. My ass indeed!!!

Last night. We were just finishing with all the clean up in class. All the utensils were being washed, the floors swept and mopped. My french instructor was standing very pleased. He probably had his eyes closed and enjoying the beautiful scent that was enveloping the kitchen. The beautiful smell of Bleach. Some one should really manufacture chlorine scented room fresheners and gift it to him. And then it happened. The Pachchaaak, and as my brother mildly put it, a mild earthquake too, which he felt all the way in Bangalore.

The Pachchaaak was me falling really hard on my hands and knees on the very hard cement kitchen floor. The wet floor was all dried up. I wasn't carrying anything in hand. I was standing still and then took a step. My left foot turned on it's ankle somehow. One second my hands were flying and the next I was on my palms and knees.

It was probably the loudest Pachchaaak I've heard. And it hurts.

9 Comments:

Anonymous WW said...

DV, Shoes, Inappropriate.. all mean the same to me.

Probably u were weak in ur knees then. Look for the boot (root) cause.

Take care

4:10 PM, October 23, 2009  
Blogger DSK said...

WW: Aiyooo very deep this is. All I know is that I'm clumsy and that's something I need to live with along with my high heels!

11:21 AM, October 25, 2009  
Blogger Satish said...

Probably you can do a research on anti-fall shoes.....

If not anything, it can be adapted as hollywood or worst case scenario bollywood movie....

To top it all, you can be the leading lady in that movie :) :)....

10:53 PM, October 26, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lol (uncontrollably). A little sadistic too. You understand... How I wish I was there to witness it.

11:38 PM, November 28, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like YouTube videos?
Come check out http://thejbtelevision.blogspot.com/

10:28 AM, June 20, 2011  
Anonymous divya shrivastava said...

your photo of blog is very nice.....

11:46 PM, August 21, 2011  
Anonymous Flights to Lagos said...

Easily, the examination is incredible fact the freshest topic on this interrelated subject. I am be in agreement with your conclusion and will powerfully look forward to your about to occur update. Saying thanks will not very soon be sufficient, for the outstanding precision in your writing. I will right away grip your rss give food to to reside side by side of any updates.

12:32 AM, August 26, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roooooooooooollooooooo

4:58 AM, March 11, 2012  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice ..

Tender And Consulting Opportunities in
Bangladesh

9:55 PM, December 20, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home