Monday, October 05, 2009

Unpacking and Packing

So we got back yesterday. One week with our one year old Queen was pure joy.

You know we always think that we need 4-5 people to sit around a baby, making funny faces, singing, dancing, making her laugh or giggle or eat even. But we are so wrong. It was on our flight back that the boy and I realized how much we missed her entertaining us throughout our trip.

She'd open and close her fists to the tune of 'Twinkle Twinkle" and would put her pointy and thumb fingers together while trying her best to sing "Ish-wish"... Spider. She'd spit out any water fed to her with a spoon, and when we used a cup, she'd blow bubbles. We'd laugh when she cried Crocodile Tears and really felt horrible when she actually cried. We brushed her teeth and thanks to that, that song wouldn't leave our heads. And that is the only thing I'd complain about my London trip.

London was beautiful. The city, the life there, the buildings, the Themes, the Lord's, Wimbledon, Buckingham Palace, the jacket potatoes and beans, meeting an old friend, lovely Paneer Wrap at the Selfridges, learning that Greenwich isn't pronounced Green-witch, the cute little market there, shopping at the Harrods, afternoon tea with piping hot scones and clotted cream, wonderful stuffed bhindi masala, riding double decker buses, taking the tube, admiring the perfectly dressed people, Saravana Bhavan, and of course wonderful the clotted cream ice cream with honeycomb bits. All Beautiful.

Yesterday we unpacked. Put away all the clothes and souvenirs we bought. Today I have to put away my Golu. I'll wrap the dolls in clothes that don't fit me any more and bring them out next year.

I also have to do my laundry and iron my chef's uniform to prepare for the new quarter. This time around, it's baking, European cakes and tortes and purchase and product ID. My prayers this time around? To have a fun team to work with.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ravi said...

Ah, how much I miss Sukh and her "ish-wish" rhymes and hand gestures. I really wish I could have brought her to Seattle in our bag.

Manni, if you're reading this get to Seattle soon :).

btw, you forgot about the segway tour :)

Don't worry about class - I hope you get a good team this time for the european cakes class. Looking forward to some delicious cakes :).

3:26 PM, October 05, 2009  
Blogger DSK said...

@ Ravi: Oh yes, totally missed the Segway and the sheep and the black swans. I'm planning on my next London trip, want to come along?

11:10 AM, October 06, 2009  
Anonymous WW said...

yes yes plan your next trip. This time we have found a lot more specialities to eat at Grenich Market. Portugal Masal vadai, Argentinian Cakes and French frappes.

ICE BAR, your shoes, Leeds castle, Champinones are worth a few lines in the blog. Write a sequel.

Have a super baker sem DV.


@Ravi: I shall surely take the earliest available ticket and reach seattle. But what to do with Pillai and Appa?

6:00 AM, October 10, 2009  
Blogger Tina said...

For over 10 years I was an addict and needed dual diagnosis rehabilitation when I got the help I needed, I could start living my life again.

6:07 PM, May 29, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home