Thursday, July 16, 2009

Philosophy... Really?

With last night's class, I realized that I've grown. Just a little deeper than you may think.
We've learned this over and over again. "Don't count your eggs before they hatch".

Last night, I waited for MANY eggs to hatch. I resisted the urge to count them till I could not wait any longer.

So I had 3 bowls in front of me. One for the egg shells, one for the yolks and the third for the whites. And even then I didn't count.

I weighed.

540 gms of yolks and 900 gms of whites for the Sacher Sponge cake.
350 gms of whites for the Butter Cream done the Italian Meringue style.

My thumbs have micro cuts from the egg shells. The pay off? I'm an expert at separating eggs. And the butter cream was heaven on a slice of GĂ©noise layered with raspberry compote.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not a cook till u make good rasam and rice!

2:43 PM, July 16, 2009  
Blogger DSK said...

Anon: I do make very good rasam and rice. You are invited to taste.

2:44 PM, July 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not at HP Houston...no I am not!

2:51 PM, July 16, 2009  
Anonymous Ravi said...

Ah that cake was good indeed :).

3:03 PM, July 16, 2009  
Blogger DSK said...

@Ravi: It was. In fact, just going to get me a little slice of heaven now.

3:13 PM, July 16, 2009  
Anonymous WW said...

You can get home all that you prepare at school.. Wow.. thats very nice. I think u guys will start your dinner with dessert for sometime to come..

Do post pictures for us to feast on.

11:15 AM, July 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is this

7:52 AM, October 24, 2014  
Blogger Nadya Dwi said...

What were the three bowls used for during the class? Greeting : Telkom University

10:43 PM, February 14, 2024  

Post a Comment

<< Home