Thursday, March 16, 2006

Don't move my cheese...

No, this isn't a new book sold on the pavements at Flora Fountain...

It's probably the apt(-est) way to describe the attitude with which the four of us (A, D, DJ and yours truly) attacked the cheese fondue at Mocha. Of course, it wasn't just the fondue... there was also the cheeeeesy white sauce in corn and spinach wrap, the vegetable pie and more...

Over the last few days I've also had pizza - Pizza Hut' s Veggie Supreme and the Smokin' Joe's one with barbequed mushrooms topped my fav list. Yes I know I'll get flak like "You don't have chicken or pepperoni pizza". But Hey! With Veggies, Corn or Mushroom with cheese (loads of it), why would I complain. Did I already mention the cheeesy garlic bread? Well... Ahem... yours truly had loads of that as well.

I remember as a child I used to eat cheese in all forms - The Kraft singles, Laughing cow's triangular cheese, Amul Cheese cubes. These used to be a part of my school tiffin. Everyday!!! Mommy dearest makes the best Corn/Veggie Au-gratin. Awwwwww I wanna go home now and have more cheese. Thanks to uncles and aunts in the foreign lands (yeah they are the kinds who buy and send everything including Tide detergent), I've never run out of some form of cheese at home.

In fact writing about cheese has made me realize that may be cheese was my first love (and not chocolate surprisingly) - heheheheeee... movie isshtyle Cheesy dialogue - Ha ha!!! So cheeeeesy again.

Did someone say "How corny"??? well, if you read a post with a title that goes "A Corny Affair" you know what I'm talking about.

P.S - Upper Crust has a baked dish (or was it a sizzler) by the name Corny Affair.


5 Comments:

Blogger A said...

With a face full of burger, I say "Amen". You've finally come over to this side after teetering on the chocolate-cheese divide.

Ahhh, one lovely fence that!! Not only are both sides extremely green, I also wouldn't mind falling face first on either:D

9:58 AM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger DSK said...

well I admit first love might have been cheese. CURRENT love - chocolates, dark chocolates esp.

10:00 AM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

Damn... after a hugely delicious dinner courtesy Deval Ma'am (with pasta, thai cuisine and heavenly strawberry mousse) you've made me feel hungry all over again!

10:53 AM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger the One said...

You actually ate Kraft singles, just like that? One couldn't stand them, at least not outside sandwiches. Laughing Cow triangles, on the other hand, were entirely palatable.

And as for Amul, well, let's just say there's no place like home.

5:53 AM, March 26, 2006  
Blogger DSK said...

the one... - with Kraft, I'd eat the cheese and throw away the bread (kinda like licking off the cream from cream biscuits).

Ah Well, those were the days... eat cheese just like that, straight out of the wrapper. Now, it's all about cheese toast, cheese pizza, cheese in tomato gravy... this way i feel less guilty and am content having done my bit towards a HEALTHY diet - haha that's a laugh!

9:10 AM, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home